Born Born Biscuits
1 કપ મેંદો
1/4 કપ માખણ
1/2 કપ ખાંડ
1/2 tsp તૈયાર કોફી પાવડર (Optional)
1/2 tsp ખાવાનો soda
1/2 tsp બેકિંગ પાવડર (Baking Powder )
1 tbsp કોકો
3/4 tsp વેનીલા એસેન્સ
1 1/2 tsp મધ
3-4 tbsp દૂધ
1/4 કપ માખણ
1/3 કપ આઈસીંગ સુગર
1 tsp કોકો
1 tsp વેનીલા એસેન્સ
૧. મેંદો,ખાવાનો સોદા,બેકિંગ પાવડર અને કોકો ને એક સાથે ચાળી લો.
૨. વાડકા માં માખણ,ખાંડ,વેનીલા એસેન્સ,અને મધ ભેળવી લો.
૩.હવે,ચાળેલી સુકી સામગ્રી ,કોફી પાવડર,અને ઉપર જણાવેલી માખણ અને ખાંડ વાળી સામગ્રી ભેળવી લો . અને થોડું થોડું દૂધ મેળવી ને નરમ લોટ બાંધી લો.
૪.પ્લાસ્ટિક પાથરી એના પર કોરા લોટ ભભરાવી દો. હવે, બાંધેલા લોટ ને એના પર વણી લો. લોટ ના એક સરખા ચોરસ ટુકડા કરી લો.
૫. તેના પર ખાંડ ભભરાવો અને કાંટા થી એક સરખા અંતરે ત્રણ કાણા પાડો.
૬. બેકિંગ ટ્રે પર માખણ કે ઘી નું આછું સ્તર બનાવી ને બિસ્કીટ ને 325 F પર 15 મિનીટ બેક થવા દો.
૭. થોડી મીનીટો પછી ઠંડુ પાડવા દો.
૮. એક બિસ્કીટ પર ક્રીમ ચોપડો અને બીજી બિસ્કીટ એના પર લગાવી દો.
૯. એને હવા ચુસ્ત ડબ્બા (air tight ) માં ભરી લો.
- Strawberry Cereal Bars
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup agave
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Cream the coconut, agave, vanilla and egg, with an electric mixer. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, and baking powder.
Add dry ingredients to your creamed ingredients, a little at a time, with an electric mixer, until it is well incorporated.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, roll out on wax paper, using flour where necessary so it doesn't stick to your rolling pin, or the counter.
- Cut and wash 1 cup of strawberries.
- Put them in a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Using the edge of a wooden spoon, slowly break the strawberries up until the start to break apart.
- After about 5 minutes, pour strawberries into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- If you still would like it a little thicker, at this point, return the pureed strawberries to the saucepan, and add 1/2 tablespoon of corn starch with a few drops of water *enough to turn the corn starch liquid.
- Add to the strawberries and stir over low heat until it begins to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll out dough, and using a pizza wheel, cut into 3X3 inch squares.
- Pour strawberry sauce on one side, and fold over and pinch to keep the filling in.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- To keep these soft, store in a zip top bag or air proof container.
Chinese Dosa Recipe - Noodle Stuffed Dosa Recipe
Ingredients for Noodles Stuffed Chinese Dosa
Dosa batter - 2-3 cup
Noodles - 1 cup (boiled)
Cabbage - 1 cup (finely chopped)
Green coriander - 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Oil - 2-3 tbsp
Paneer - ½ cup (cut into small chunks)
Capsicum - ¼ cup (finely chopped)
Green peas - ¼ cup
Green chilly - 1-2 (finely chopped)
Ginger - ½ inch baton (grated)
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp
Salt - ¾ tsp (as per taste)
Stuffing for Chinese Springs Dosa
Take 1 tbsp oil in pan and place it on flame for heating. When oil gets heated add ginger, green chilly and sauté for while. Also add green peas and sauté for 1 minute. Add capsicum and cabbage as well and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Cook until vegetables get tender but remain bit crunchy. Now add paneer, noodles, black pepper, soya sauce, lemon juice and green coriander. Mix all ingredients nicely. Stuffing is now ready.
How to make dosa:
If dosa batter is thick add little amount of water. The batter should have pouring consistency. Place a non stick tawa on flame and preheat it. Spread some oil on the tawa and clean it with help of a napkin paper. There should be less amount of oil on the tawa. Pour 1-2 tsp batter on the tawa and spread thinly in round shape.
Spread oil all around the dosa, roast until it gets golden brown from beneath. Layer 1-2 tsp of stuffing on the dosa. When dosa gets brown from beneath roll it and place it on plate or serve directly.
Before making other dosa, clean the tawa with wet muslin cloth. This will also make tawa bit frigid. Similarly spread dosa on the tawa. Like wise prepare all dosa.
Serve piping hot dosa with peanut chutney, coconut chutney or green coriander chutney and sambar.
chop or break the gobi/cauliflower in medium size florets. heat water with salt and boil it. rinse the cauliflower florets and add them to the hot water. cover and let the florets get blanched in the water for 15-20 minutes. later drain and keep aside.
gobi florets in water
in a bowl mix together the dry ingredients for making the batter.
mix gobi Manchurian ingredients
add water and whisk to make a smooth batter without any lumps.
dry gobi Manchurian batter
dip each gobi floret in the batter.
dip gobi in batter
fry the batter coated gobi florets in hot oil. i have pan fried and added about 6 tbsp oil. later i have not added any oil while stir frying the spring onions etc. you can also deep fry or shallow fry. i have fried in batches of three. so depending on the size of your pan, you can fry at once or in batches. the frying does take some time, so patience is the key.
fry gobi florets
when one side gets cooked and crisp, turn over each florets and pan fry the uncooked sides. flip for a couple of times more, so that the florets are evenly fried and light golden.
frying gobi florets
drain the fried gobi florets on a kitchen paper towel.
no need to add any oil again. in the same pan, add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies. saute for half a minute.
making gobi Manchurian masala
then add the chopped spring onions & capsicum/green bell pepper. increase the flame and stir fry till the capsicum is half cooked or almost cooked.
making gobi Manchurian masala
add soy sauce, tomato sauce, black pepper and salt. stir.
making dry gobi Manchurian recipe
add the pan fried cauliflower florets.
making gobi manchurian dry recipe
stir fry for two to three minutes ensuring the spiced sauce coats the cauliflower florets well. lastly add vinegar and stir well. switch off the fire. mix in the chopped spring onions greens or garnish with them while serving.
making gobi manchurian dry recipe
serve dry gobi manchurian as a snack or as a side dish with veg fried rice or mushroom fried rice or veg hakka noodles or veg noodles.
mushroom tikka - easy to prepare marinated and grilled mushroom tikka.
Recipe type: side, starters
Cuisine: north indian, punjab
200-250 gms button mushrooms
½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste or crushed ginger-garlic (approx ½ inch ginger + 3-4 garlic crushed in a mortar & pestle)
½ tsp ajwain or carom seeds
¼ or ½ tsp organic red chili powder (1/2 tsp red chili powder made the tikka a bit hot)
¼ tsp garam masala powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
3-4 tbsp besan or gram flour
1 tbsp oil (to be used only if grilling or baking the mushrooms in the oven)
salt + black salt as required or rock salt
chaat masala to sprinkle
few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
few drops of lemon juice as required and lemon wedges to be served
1 medium sized onion, sliced thinly with some salt & lemon juice added - served as an accompaniment.
rinse the mushrooms well in water.
drain and wipe them dry.
trim the earthy base stalks a little.
in a mixing bowl, take all the mushrooms.
add all the spice powders, carom seeds, salt and oil.
keep aside to marinate for 20-25 minutes.
preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
after 20-25 mins, add the gram flour and mix well.
bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or till the mushrooms are cooked and tender and are browned.
after 15-20 minutes when grilling, you can turn the skewers so that there is uniform grilling.
if you want you can sprinkle or spray some oil on the mushrooms after 15-20 minutes.
sprinkle some lemon juice, chaat masala, coriander leaves on the mushroom tikka.
serve mushroom tikka hot or warm with a green chutney, rotis or naan or even bread.
if frying the tikka, then don't add oil to the marination.
another option for frying - marinate the mushrooms first. then make a thick flowing batter with gram flour/besan, water and salt. dip the marinated mushrooms in the batter and deep fry or shallow fry.
Eggless Saffron Cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Makes: 10 cookies
1/2 cup Plain Flour / Maida
3 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
4 tbsp Powdered Sugar
A pinch Saffron Strands
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
1 tbsp Milk
Sliced Almonds for Garnish
Soak the saffron in a tablespoon of hot milk. Crush it well and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
In a bowl, add the softened butter and powdered sugar and mix well.
Add the saffron milk and mix.
Now add the flour and cardamom powder to the butter and mix everything to make a dough. The dough should very soft.
Divide the dough into 10 round balls and flatten them with your palms to shape the cookies.
Place them on a lightly greased baking tray spacing about 1 inch apart.
Garnish the cookies with almonds.
Bake them in the preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes at 180 degree C.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool down for 2 - 3 minutes. Then place them on a wire rack and cool.
They will be soft when taken out, but will firm up once they cool.
Store in an airtight container.
- Chocolate Mud Balls
-1/2 cup cacao powder (if you cannot find Cacao powder you can use cocoa)
-1/3 cup of blended brazil nuts
-1/3 cup of blended almonds
-3-4 tablespoons water (boiled)
-2-3 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or agave
-1/2 cup of coconut oil
-1 a large avocado
-another ¼ cup of cacao powder
- Add ½ cacao powder, blended nuts, water, ½ the avocado and agave syrup to bowl and stir. Add more water if needed for a cake consistency. If you use boiled water the chocolate becomes a sticky consistency which is what gives it the ‘mud’ affect after it has been chilled. (I like to boil mint in my water and then you have left over water for a mint tea to go with your balls!)
- Roll into balls and put in a container and into the freezer. Allow them to sit for a couple of hours.
- Next blend the coconut oil, ¼ cup of cacao powder, ½ the avocado, and 1 tablespoon of agave syrup into a blender. This is your chocolate coating so make sure it is smooth. Add more water or coconut oil if needed.
- Take out the frozen balls and coat them in the smooth chocolate coating.
- Put the balls back into the freezer and allow the coating to harden. The middle will always remain a soft mud chocolate consistency!
- Fried cinnamon apple rings
for the apple rings 4 large apples (I used gala)
1 cup flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
vegetable oil for frying
for the cinnamon sugar topping
⅓ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and buttermilk.
- In a third dish, make your cinnamon-sugar topping by combining the ⅓ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Set that aside too. Next, slice the apples into ¼-inch thick slices, and use circle biscuit cutters in graduated sizes to make rings out of each slice.
- Discard the center circles containing the apple core. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat to 350°F. Combine the contents of the first and second dishes as the oil warms up.
- This will be your batter. Dip the apple rings in and out of the batter one at a time, removing any dripping excess by tapping the rings against the side of the bowl.
- Fry the rings in small batches, turning them to ensure browning on both sides. Once the rings are golden and crispy, transfer them to a plate lined with paper towel for a few seconds.
- Quickly transfer the apple rings, one by one, into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat evenly. Transfer to a wire rack and serve warm. Notes Apples can go a long way in the recipe, so if you don't get to all 4 apples, don't worry. Make as much or as little as you like.
- Baked Ravioli
1 25 oz. (1 lb) frozen cheese ravioli
1 24 oz. jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
1 1lb. ground beef
1 tsp. dried basil
1 T. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 C. parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain, add in 1 C. of the pasta sauce, garlic and basil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook ravioli according to pkg. directions. Drain and return to pot and add in remaining pasta sauce.
- Stir to combine. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and layer 1/2 of the ravioli in the bottom.
- Top with all the beef mixture and spread around. Top with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese.
- Layer the remaining ravioli on top and top with remaining cheeses. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, turn on the broiler and broil for 2 minutes or until top is browned somewhat.
Bread and Butter Pudding
1 vanilla pod, slit in half
375 ml milk
Zest of 1½ lemon
1 pinch nutmeg
1 loaf raisin bread, or kitka loaf or white bread
80 g butter, softened
80 ml apricot jam
3 extra large eggs
60 ml castor sugar
250 ml cream
15 ml dark brown sugar
• Preheat oven to 180˚C.
• Scrape seeds from vanilla pod. Add seeds to a saucepan with milk, lemon zest and nutmeg.
• Warm over a medium heat until milk is hot and about to simmer.
• Remove from heat and set aside.
• Spread bread with butter and jam on both sides.
• Slice bread into even triangles and arrange half the slices in rows in a buttered baking dish.
• Beat eggs, castor sugar and cream together and add to milk.
• Pour half the milk mixture over bread and soak for 20 minutes.
• Pour over remaining milk mixture, dot with butter and scatter with brown sugar.
• Place dish in a roasting pan half-filled with water.
• Bake for about 40 minutes or until bread is golden brown, and pudding is just set in the middle.
• Cool pudding for a few minutes before serving.
• Day-old bread works best.
• Hot cross buns, croissants and panettone are also ideal for bread and butter pudding.
250g butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 ½ cups coconut
2 cups cake flour
50ml cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
100g dark or milk chocolate, melted, to sandwich
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the coconut and sifted dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into 3cm sausages then place on a lined baking tray and flatten slightly with your fingers. Scratch the surface of the biscuits with a fork to create a rough texture.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10-12 minutes or until firm.
Allow to cool then sandwich two biscuits together using the chocolate. Allow to set then store in an airtight container for up to 2 week
Mango and Avocado Salsa
1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced medium
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced medium
1 small red onion, diced small
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 to 1 habanero chile (stem and seeds removed), minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Makes 3 cups.
Junk Food Junkie
4 cups water
1 cup broccoli, chopped
3/4 cup chopped tomato, seeds discarded
3 tablespoons picante sauce
3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
3 tablespoons red onions, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 cup cooked brown rice, warm
1/4-1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
2 whole wheat tortillas (10-inch-11-inch)
1 Mix the water and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook until it turns bright green and is tender but still crisp, about 1 minute. Drain the water and rinse the broccoli under cold water. Let drain completely and set aside.
2 Combine the tomato, picante sauce, basil, onion, vinegar, lime juice, garlic and 1/8 teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, rice and cheese and stir to combine. Divide among the tortillas and wrap.
3 Enjoy right away!
4 How to wrap:.
5 If tortilla is stiff, warm slightly(about 15 seconds) to make more flexible. Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the filling, toward the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center and gently roll until the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling.
Short bread base for milk tart
1 egg (vegetarian can use egg replacing powder)
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup cake flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
l level teaspoon baking powder
Mix the egg, sugar, softened butter and oil together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence, mix. Add the flour and baking powder and mix well.
Line a 20cm by 20cm oven proof dish with approximately half of the pastry. The pastry should be as thin as possible with no holes. (Left over pastry can be freezed or you can use it to make shortcrust biscuits) It is very important that the base contains no holes as it will cause the milk tart to bake upside down.
Milk Tart Filling
1 litre milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom and cinnamon
Boil milk in a saucepan. Allow to cool completely. Whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the cooled milk and mix well. Add the cardamom and cinnamon. Gently pour the filling over the base. Bake at 180C in a preheated oven until the filling has set, approximately 40 - 50 minutes. Remove from oven, allow the milk tart to cool down then slice into squares.
Homemade Baking Mix
Baking Mix Recipe
Use this baking mix in any recipe that calls for Bisquick.
6 cups flour – I use 3 cups organic whole wheat and 3 cups organic pastry flour (buy sprouted flours here)
¼ cup aluminum-free baking powder
2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup cold butter, preferably from pasture-raised cows
Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl (or pulse in a food processor).
Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles fine crumbs. (If using a food processor, add butter and pulse until crumbly texture is achieved.)
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Mixture will last several months. Makes about 7 cups.
Use your baking mix for simple homemade biscuits!
1 cup baking mix
⅓ cup milk or buttermilk
Combine ingredients and stir just until moistened. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes. If you want perfectly round biscuits, knead dough on a floured surface and cut with a juice glass before placing on cookie sheet. Optional: Spice up your plain biscuits by adding cheese, herbs, or spices to the baking mix before adding the liquid.
Try this pancake recipe for a fast homemade breakfast!
2 cups baking mix
1 cup milk or buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
Combine ingredients and whisk until blended. Cook pancakes on a hot griddle. Don’t forget the add-ins…blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas, or just plain maple syrup!
Mix it Up
So feel free to bypass the big yellow box in the grocery store from now on. This one is easy enough for any DIYer. :)
- 2 Betty Crocker Sugar cookie mixes...
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 to 2 cups whipped cream or cool whip
- 2 or 3 lbs. strawberries washed and sliced
- Strawberry glaze - you can buy it in jars, box mixes or make it using cornstarch
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare the cookie mixes with the butter and egg as the directions on the bags say to. Spread in a Texas sheet cake pan (like 10x15 I think) to make the crust. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix softened cream cheese and sugar with hand mixer until well blended. Then fold in the whipped cream or cool whip. When cookie crust is done and slightly cooled spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Then mix strawberries with glaze of your choice (or even just mix strawberries with sugar and let sit overnight in fridge and they would work) and pour the mixture over the top and chill for about four hours or more.
Serve with whipped cream on top!
LEMON PUDDING CUPS & VARIATIONS
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 30 to 40 minutes
Oven temperature: 180 °C
• 125g (125ml) soft butter
• 125g (150ml) castor sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 10ml finely grated lemon zest
• 125g (225ml) self-raising flour
• 1ml salt
• 25ml milk
• 30ml cornflour
• 125g (150ml) castor sugar
• 30ml lemon juice
• icing sugar, for dusting
1) Beat the butter and castor sugar until they are light.
2) Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon zest.
3) Fold in the flour, salt and milk. Divide the mixture among four to six greased ovenproof coffee cups. (Each cup should be just over half-full.)
4) Sauce:Mix the cornflour, castor sugar and lemon juice in a measuring jug. Add boiling water up to 350ml on the measuring jug, stirring continuously. Pour the sauce over the puddings. Place the cups onto a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar. Serve warm.
• This pudding can easily be made in a single large pudding dish. Pour the prepared batter into a greased 1,5-litre ovenproof dish. Pour over the sauce and bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
• Change the flavour by using lime zest and juice, instead of lemon.
• Make a chocolate orange pudding by adding 125ml chocolate chips to the batter mixture and use grated orange zest and juice instead of lemon.
• They are best enjoyed on the day they are baked, so try to prepare them just before your guests arrive.
• Check underneath the cups to see if they’re ovenproof. Don’t use your favourite cups as they may crack. You can also use individual ramekins instead of cups.
• The sauce that is poured over the top of the pudding sinks to the bottom as it bakes and forms a delicious sticky sauce under the pudding. Don’t let the puddings get too cold before you serve them as the sauce will become thick. If the puddings have cooled down, pop them back into a hot oven to heat up just before serving.
• The puddings do have their own sauce, so they are delicious served on their own, but you can also serve them with custard, vanilla ice cream or cream for a little extra indulgence.